Thursday, June 12, 2014

Nautical Bedroom

Hudson's bedroom is probably the most "done" right now.  There is nothing for his room I need to paint, make or sew. It's all done!  And, thankfully, I was able to use a lot of things from his nautical themed nursery in this big boy room, too.

The pillow shams were some hand-me-downs I bought from a family friend and I found the solid navy quilt at Target.  I loved the red gingham fabric I came across to complement all the bedding so I made a throw pillow and slapped a monogram on it to finish out his bed!




These cute nautical flags were a gift for Hudson right after he was born from our old next door neighbors and I just love them in his room!


This sweet blanket was also a gift when he was born from another of our old neighbors.


I debated about making his curtains out of the red gingham and ultimately decided to save money by using solid PBK navy panels and doing a color block of the red gingham at the bottom and I think it was definitely the right choice.


 
His boat book shelf used to be in Gigi and Papa's lake house until they sold it.  Then it migrated to our lake house and finally to Hudson's room.  I love it in the corner to hold all sorts of little do-dads.  


The dresser he has in his room was the changing table my parents used for my brothers and I growing up. I painted it and used it as a changing table for both Harper and Hudson and now it serves as his dresser with fun nautical accents like the sailboat lamp and the buoys hanging above it.


This adorable rug was also part of the hand-me-downs I purchased and it fits perfectly at the end of his bed and he just loves laying on it and riding his cars around with the boats.


Speaking of his bed, up until the week before we moved I still didn't have a bed for him since he was in the crib when we moved out of our house almost a year ago. I got to searching craigslist and scored a GREAT deal on a bed for him.  It's a little scratched here and there, but for $25 we couldn't pass on it. That's right...only $25!!!  I love a good deal. :-)

1 comment:

  1. His room looks awesome and I love that you still have his baby shower invitation framed! Can't wait to see each room as it gets done.

    ReplyDelete