Monday, June 9, 2014

Home Sweet Home

Robby got back from a week long business trip on Saturday afternoon and despite the jet lag from his oversees travel, he was a great sport and got right to work at the house. I hadn't hung anything because I wanted his help and although we aren't done with all of it, we at least made a dent!  It's funny though because our priorities are glaringly different.  While I want the drapes and pictures hung, he is more interested in adding weather stripping to the garage doors and pressure washing the patio.

He got the final TV set up on the screen porch (remember - priorities, people!) and I also convinced him to spent a lot of time in the kids rooms getting their curtains hung and things on the wall.




I've loved tinkering here and there and adding little touches like my grandmother's (or great grandmother's  - I need to confirm that) silver in this amazing caddy my friend, Carrie, gave me.  Also the girls got two beautiful bouquets after their recital a week and a half ago.  Most of the flowers are done, but some are still hanging on and look lovely right beside my kitchen sink.





I was very excited to get my chalkboard hung in the kitchen. I've noticed through Pinterest and other blogs I read that chalkboards are very "in" right now and I had been on the hunt for one. I was excited to come across this one at HomeGoods not long ago and it was exactly what I had been searching for.  I'm probably a little too excited about changing out the message on it with different holidays and occasions, but it's these little things that make our house feel like Home Sweet Home.  :-)


I'm planning to do a house tour of each room as it is competed, but the kids rooms will definitely be the first I share. It was my goal, before we moved in, to have their rooms done and thankfully I was able to do that.  Now I'll be able to focus on the rest of the house (which is far from being "done"), but I'm happy knowing the kids can start feeling settled in their own spaces.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been on here in a while and just got a chance to look! So happy you like the caddy. It goes in your new kitchen perfectly!!! Tell Robby I'm siding with you on what the number 1 priorities should be :-)

    ReplyDelete