Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Handley's Pink and Turquoise Bedroom

Like I mentioned before, I let the girls have free choice when deciding what colors their new rooms would be.  Handley is my pink girl.  She loves all things pink so she decided on pink and turquoise.  Her walls are Tidewater by Sherwin Williams and I love the way the bright pink pops against the blue walls.

I found her bedding on clearance at Target and loved it right away not only because it was cute and girly, but also because it had green in it and that meant I could reuse a lot of things from her old pink and green room.  I added monograms to the pillow shams and made an throw pillow out of the curtain fabric.

And, speaking of fabric, aren't these just amazing. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fabric I found for her room. I feel like it is girly, a little sophisticated, and will match just about anything she decides to do for her room down the road which means I won't be remaking drapes for her anytime soon.  Of course when I found it I didn't know it was pretty much out of stock everywhere and although I was able to find small amounts online here and there, I needed a bunch for her room.  Thankfully I was about to get the full amount I needed and totally love how they turned out.



This cross-stitch of her name was a gift from my mom to Handley before she was born for her nursery and it still looks great in her room today.


I was able to reuse her name that has been hanging in her room since she was born.


My mom had this desk in her house that belonged to my great Aunt. She wasn't going to be using it anymore and asked if I wanted to have it.  I jumped at the chance because then it meant Handley would have a desk for her room, just like Harper.  My mom had painted it green to match with her house and it works great in Handley's room. I found the pretty pink glass knobs at Hobby Lobby and switched those out, but besides that it was already set.  The rest of her furniture was hers from her nursery.


This little side table has been all over the place. I think my parents bought it for me at a garage sale to use in my first apartment in college.  My mom refinished it and cleaned it up a bit.  For 10 years it served as the nightstand in our guest bedroom and now it is here in Handley's room. I'm planning to paint it a deep turquoise color to match her room and hoping it will be my first attempt at using the famous chalk paint for furniture.  I'll definitely share my before and after pictures when I get around to this project.

1 comment: