Monday, May 12, 2014

Wooden Countertop

Last week before we left to go out of town I was surprised when I walked into the kitchen and saw that the tile backsplash had been completed.  I am SO happy that I waited on this tile and it really is just the color I was hoping for.  The beveled subway tile in the tannish color (evening shadow is the exact name) is so pretty!


The stone columns are wrapping up as well as the fireplaces.  Also, the little dog shower is pretty much done. We have a room off the garage, before you get to our main mudroom, and this dog shower is in that room.  We saw the ideas on several websites and knew it would be perfect, not only for washing a dog, but also for cleaning muddy feet of children after playing outside.  Our builder thinks we are crazy because we don't even have a dog yet, but I explained to him we are dog people and have just been waiting to get in the house before we get a new dog!



The rest of the driveway was poured today, but the most exciting thing that happened today was when our wooden countertop for our kitchen island was delivered and installed.  I met the installer at the house this morning. I had gone upstairs to check on something and when I came back down I saw it in place and literally gasped.  It is so beautiful and I'm so, so, so happy to stuck to my guns about wanting it.  Our friend from high school owns a company that does a lot of commercial custom cabinetry and in my quest to find someone to make it for me I reached out to him.  He said he could absolutely do this for us and the end result is perfection.  A HUGE thank you to Eric and his crew at Five Star Architectural for making and installing this piece.  It might just be my favorite thing in the house to date!


And in other big news...we have a move-in date.  We will be in the house in just over two weeks!!!  Hooray!!!  This has obviously been a long time coming and I'm just a little bit anxious and overwhelmed about all that will have to be done between now and then.  Not to mention how overwhelmed I feel just thinking about getting us settled once we are in.  But, this project has been going on for about a 18 months (since we first found this property and started with the idea of building), so I am going to be jumping for joy on moving day, despite the overwhelming feelings I might have.

4 comments:

  1. You are almost there! I just LOVE your kitchen selections. They are so beautiful. It looks like you thought of everything...and I have to say that having a mud-room is LIFE CHANGING! Bring so much order to the chaos of book bags, shoes, jackets, etc, etc. Keep us posted! So excited for the end of your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks amazing! I am sure you are all so excited to be in your house soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks beautiful and I can't wait to see it in person. I especially love that little doggy shower! Great idea. So excited for you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And...Hallelujah for a move in date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete