Saturday, May 3, 2014

Lots Happening!

There has been so much happening at the house this week and I just love stopping by and seeing all of the changes each day.  On Friday afternoon we saw lots of great stuff.  

I was so excited to see our mudroom lockers installed.  I am dreaming of days with no more backpacks, sports bags, jackets, hats and shoes being dropped off in the kitchen and instead being placed neatly in their spots.  :-)



The hardwood floors also were completed this week.  They are all covered up so that they don't get damaged, but I pulled back a little section so I could see what they looked like.  We went with a 5 inch, pre-finished, hand-scraped floor.

The guys have been there working on completing the porch and all of the railings and steps on the front of the house were almost done when we were there yesterday.


Our shower is finally done and the frameless door was completed.  Because in the 10 years we've been married, neither of us have used the bathtub in our master bath (except to maybe give the kids a bath), we decided to forgo a bathtub and do an over sized shower instead.


Every time we are there the kids like to check out their rooms and see if anything looks different. On this day Harper was really excited to call me into her room and show me her closet shelving.  She told me she loves it because she can't wait to hang her clothes and be able to reach them without a stool.



No comments:

Post a Comment