Friday, May 2, 2014

Painting and Sewing

I guess you could call Robby and I DIYers  (Do It Yourselfers).  When we got our quote for painting the painter wanted a very large amount of money for each color change.  We already had two main wall colors and with the interior doors being a dark gray, that meant two trim colors, too.  I really wanted the kids bedrooms to be painted specific colors, as well as the dining room, so we had the painters do everything our main color and Robby agreed to go and paint those rooms to get it done before we moved in.  

Last weekend was the painting weekend.  He worked all day Saturday and Sunday, but got the four rooms completed.  I fretted for months over the colors and I love the result.  The kids do too because as soon as they saw their rooms they were all very happy.  

Harper's is a light lavender and her room bedding/accessories are gray, lavender and aqua. 


Hudson's is a light blue and his room will be nautical with navy, red, and blue.  You can see from the picture below, he loves his blue room and has fun running wild with no furniture! 


Handley's is a light aqua and her bedding/accessories are pinks, aqua and green.  And yes, that is a bungie cord holding Handley's chandelier together.  Ever since I bought it, 7 years ago, one of the arms has been broken.  Robby's fixed it a bunch of times and in the move it got broken again.  SO, that is on our to-do list before we move in.  


Our dining room also got painted and in other big news, the electricity is finally working to the house (after having to re-run the underground lines) so we can actually turn on our lights now.  


While Robby was painting all weekend I was sewing.  There are so many different projects I have in my head and my bag of fabric swatches is bursting at the seams.  But, my goal was to get the kids rooms done before we moved in so that then I can focus on the rest of the house.  I finally finished Harper and Handley's panels, so they are hanging out on the stools in Gigi and Papa's basement until we can hang them closer to our move-in date. 


Earlier this week the kids and I waited around for our appliances to be delivered and it was such a beautiful day that they were content just sitting in the driveway working on homework and coloring.  LOVE having our driveway done now so we can do stuff like that.  



No comments:

Post a Comment