Saturday, March 1, 2014

I believe it

The drywall has been sitting at our house for almost a month now.  Because of snow, ice, and hold-ups with inspections, the drywall process kept being pushed back week after week.  It was scheduled to officially begin this late week and earlier in the week Robby asked me if I thought we'd see drywall on Thursday (the day it was set to begin).  My response was that I wasn't holding my breath and I'd believe it when I saw it.  Well, when I went by on Thursday afternoon I finally believed it.  I have never been so happy in my life to see drywall hangers there working!  They started upstairs and had the kids bedrooms pretty much done. When I went back on Friday I was SHOCKED by how much had been completed in basically 24 hours.  All of the upstairs was done along with all of the ceilings and the upper half of the walls on the first floor.  It's a lot of space to cover and I couldn't believe how fast they had worked.




I loved this stage because it really allows me to see what each room will feel like.  Before I could stand at one end of the house and see through the framing all the way to the back of the house.  Now I can picture where furniture will go and how the room will flow.

We were told that once drywall began it would be about 8-9 weeks before the house was complete.  I really feel like things will be moving along now and the fun part of seeing the house really come together will begin.  Our kitchen cabinets are done and ready to be installed as soon as the drywall process is complete.  The decisions about the trim work have been made and will begin right after drywall and then next week I have several meetings about flooring and our mudroom cabinets that will keep the ball rolling.  This is the part of building a house I've been looking forward to the whole time!  I am so happy we are finally to this point.

1 comment: