Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cabinets

The kitchen cabinets are one thing I've been really excited to see in the house.  It feels like we picked them forever ago and stopping by each day to see the kitchen come together has been such a treat.  All of our bathroom cabinets are complete now, too.  The installer was putting the finishing touches on the cabinets today (trimming out the last of them, adding the knobs, etc.).

Secondary bath cabinets 

Master bath cabinets 

Master Bath Cabinets 
My command center/desk area 


The over feel of our house is a craftsman style.  We wanted our house to have a comfortable, relaxed, easy-to-live-in kind of feel.  After all, it is where our kids will grow up and I don't want it to feel overly stuffy or formal. That's just not us.  In sticking with the craftsman feel, we went with an antique white mission style cabinet for the perimeter.


I knew I wanted our island to be a different color and originally we were thinking grey, but the grey was too grey (if that even makes sense) and I kind of fell in love with the khaki color (Pebble Java is the name...to be exact) with a glaze.  I liked that it was different, but not too drastically different from the other cabinets.



I also love the little details like the corbels and the vent hood to add just a touch of sophistication to an otherwise simple cabinet plan.  I feel like it adds a little bit of fancy to the kitchen.




Now that the cabinets are in I'm looking forward to nailing own our tile back splash and counter tops (still hoping to make a wooden counter top for the island work) and I cannot wait to see our copper farmhouse sink installed!

No comments:

Post a Comment