Thursday, July 17, 2014

Foyer/Entry Details

I am slowly getting our entryway set up and decorated.  I'd been on the hunt for a console table and when we visited HomeGoods a few weeks ago, Robby stumbled upon this one.  It was not at all what I was originally picturing for this space, but I love it here.  


I had gotten these lamps at Michaels a while back for our bedroom, but liked them better here so I did a little swap.  I'm waiting for our beach portraits back and hope to have a giant family one hanging above the table soon!  I got the rug at Home Depot, of all places, and it matched our ceiling perfectly.  


The ceiling is an idea we saw in a model home.  I knew because we weren't having a two-story foyer that I wanted to do something with the ceiling to add some character and this painted tongue and groove turned out even better than I had imagined.  It's painted the same color as our interior doors.  The lanterns were a Ballard Outlet find and we have a matching pair over our kitchen island, too. 



It's a big space and felt so open and bare for the longest time, but know I really do feel like it is welcoming to friends that come in our front doors.  





No comments:

Post a Comment