Sunday, November 10, 2013

Slow Moving

If there is one thing I've learned so far about this process...it's that it is slow moving.  Robby says I'm going to drive myself crazy by going back daily (or twice daily in some cases) but when I pass right by the street we will be living on every day it's hard not to swing by and check out progress.  So much of what is happening right now is dependent on the weather so that plays a big factor in what gets done day-to-day.  I love seeing what happens each day, but will love it even more when I see walls and can actually walk through the house instead of just imagining what will be there.

This past week the concrete walls for the garage were poured and the black waterproofing was painted on the backside.



While these not-so-fun things are taking place, I'm thinking more and more about the interior of the house including awesome furniture pieces like this one that will be in it.


This hutch came from my great-great-grandmother's house on my Dad's side of the family.  It's been at my parents' house and I always told them I would love it some day.  They offered to let us go ahead and have it so we can bring it back at Christmas along with another piece of furniture I am getting.  I am just so excited! I love things with history and I also love mixing old with new and rustic with elegance.  Kind of like old farm house meets a crystal chandelier.  My mom got all of her stuff cleaned out of it last week and send me this picture of it.  She was commenting that the funny thing is that nowadays people pay to have furniture look distressed and this piece actually is distressed after the years and years of use.  I can't wait to have it in our new house!

1 comment: