Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Paint, Granite, and Tile Updates!

The past few weeks have been extremely productive.  There have been multiple things happening at once, which I just love seeing.  Today there was tile going in, painters outside, and the grading around the yard had begun.

The interior painting is pretty much done with the exception of the brick fireplace and a few other little projects.  I'm loving the way it all turned out.  The walls look blue in these photos, but they are more of a gray with blue/green hint to it.  Our doors, beams, tongue and groove ceiling and mudroom lockers are all the darker color, which I am in love with.  IN LOVE!  I can't wait to see all of the doors hung because if I love them this much just standing in a row, I can't imagine how much I will love them when they are all in their place.




The other thing I'm loving right now is our porch ceiling!  The large screen porch and wrap-around porch on the house were two things on our "must have" list and with the light blue ceiling it just feels so welcoming and relaxing...and southern!  We can't wait to enjoy it.


The granite went in last week, along with our copper farm sink.  I'm excited to see the kitchen finished with the back splash and the wooden counter for the island. It's all coming together just the way I envisioned.  I often go by and just stand in there staring at how it all looks because it just makes me happy to think what it will be like when we are actually living there.



The tile started this week and it feels like forever ago that we made those selections.  Everything looks great though and those guys are making lots of progress in just a few days.  The bathrooms are all almost completed and then there will only be a few other ares to be done.




1 comment: