Thursday, December 19, 2013

Sawdust = Sand

This has been a great week at the house. Lots going on and and lots being accomplished.


The framers are finishing up and the roof shingles are almost completely done now.  The wrap-around porch is framed and the decking is almost done, too.  Once all that is finished the framing for the screened porch, the roof over the porch, and the added features on the front elevation will be done.  Then I feel like the front of the house will really take shape and look how it will instead of just a big triangle right now.

Yesterday I met the our builder and the person who is helping plan out all of the exterior building materials to try to start on a plan for the exterior.  We had a vague idea of how it would look, but wanted some of their input, too.  We are going to be using a mix of stone, shake, and siding to go for the craftsman style look we love.

We color coded all of the materials on a set of plans so I could show Robby later that night and we could easily make changes (which we already have since this pictures was taken yesterday), but overall I think the front elevation is going to look great.


The kids were SO good for the hour and 1/2 we were there.  I have learned my lesson with muddy shoes and now I know to put them in rain boots that can be easily hosed off anytime we are going to be out there for a longer period of time.  They discovered all of the sawdust that was lying around and to them, that was the construction site equivalent of sand at the beach.  They scooped it, spread it and played in the sawdust/mud almost the entire time.




At one point I lost sight of them so I ran off to find where they had gone. Harper had asked to use my phone to take a picture and when I found them they had made their way into the house (on the new stairs from the garage that I didn't know were there yet).  Later when I was looking through pictures on my phone I saw that they had taken pictures of each other in front of the staircase that is waiting to be installed.  I loved it!  They are just as excited about this whole process as we are!

Photo courtesy of Harper 

Photo courtesy of Handley

1 comment:

  1. It is going to be a beautiful home! LOVE the wrap around porch!!!

    ReplyDelete