Friday, October 4, 2013

Progress

This week we made some progress.  Yea!!!  The septic permit is a go, the building permit is a go and we are on the schedule to have the gas turned off and the lines disabled next week so tree removal and grading can happen.  Power is also totally cut-off (that happened last week).  On Tuesday afternoon we stopped by the house for the girls to change after their dance class and as I was unlocking the door Handley asked me what the window said.  I was so confused by her questions until I looked up and saw writing on the window.  After getting inside I saw a lot of the windows that we will be reusing (since they had recently been replaced) marked with where they will go in the newer house.  This was so minor, but so major to me.  It was the first thing I could actually see that had been done and it meant we were closer to really getting started.  On Wednesday Hudson and I went by to meet Joey, our builder, to give him a few things.  During that time I saw the markings for the silt fence along the creek, the electrician was there for a consult and Joey informed me that the dumpster was being delivered that afternoon.  Hooray!  That could only mean one thing...demo was going to be starting soon. I didn't expect Robby to inform me that evening that they had started on it that afternoon.  Joey told us not to expect miracles until next week because they were going about it methodically, rather than the "bull in a china shop" method, but a start is a start in my book.  The kids and I stopped by this afternoon to check out the progress and I have never been so happy to see my house looking like a bomb went off.  Sheetrock everywhere, walls missing, closets gone and two rooms becoming one.  

Two bedrooms now combined to make one room that will become the playroom.  

Hall closets now gone.
"Dragon Bathroom" staring to be demoed. 

All paneling gone and window marked. 
The kids were tickled by the dumpster, especially the "potty" they saw in there, but they were also pretty intrigued by what was going on.  When I asked the girls what they though Handley told me it looked pretty cool and Harper wanted to know if they were building the upstairs today.  :-)  I told her it wouldn't be too long!  


No comments:

Post a Comment